As some of the most common household pests in the United States, cockroaches are difficult to discover before an infestation becomes a large-scale takeover. Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures, and they’re experts at hiding, so seeing a live cockroach in your Bradenton home during the day generally means there’s an overwhelming infestation. The longer an infestation is allowed to grow, the more dangerous it becomes, but thankfully there is always evidence to be found if you know what to look for.
Most Common Home-Invading Cockroaches In Bradenton
Even though there are thousands of different cockroach species in the world, the vast majority of them prefer living outside. There are only a handful of species that regularly infest homes and businesses, and in Bradenton, that list can be narrowed down to four:
- German Cockroach – ½ to ¾ of an inch long, light brown, winged
- American Cockroach – 1 ½ to over 2 inches long, reddish-brown, winged
- Australian Cockroach – 1 to 1 ½ inch long, light to reddish-brown, winged
- Brown-banded Cockroach – ½ of an inch long, dark brown with light brown bands around the thorax, winged
Cockroach infestations can introduce several dangers to your Bradenton home, from health problems and diseases to structural damage. These pests commonly live in environments that host a plethora of harmful and potentially deadly diseases, and their presence in a home will usually cause allergy and asthma complications, so the most pressing issues tend to pertain to health. Cockroach nesting areas also tend to produce a lot of excess moisture though, which can cause some pretty expensive water damage in your home.
What Kind Of Evidence Cockroaches Leave Behind
Cockroaches may be exceptionally good at eluding detection, but that doesn’t mean early detection is impossible. They leave evidence of their presence everywhere you go, it all depends on if you know what to look for:
- Excrement – depending on the size and species, this can either look like small random piles of ground pepper or tiny rice-shaped pellets; the pellets also resemble mouse droppings, so if you discover this type of excrement, make sure to confirm the culprit with a pest professional
- Brown smears – this is a different kind of excrement, usually found when there are high levels of moisture within the home
- Egg capsules – these are dark reddish-brown in color, and roughly shaped like a seed or bean; one egg capsule can contain between 10-60 eggs
- Shed skins – nymphs shed their skins up to six times before reaching maturity, and shed skins are usually a sign of a moderate to a large infestation
- Musty odor – this is caused by pheromones released in their excrement, and the larger the infestation, the stronger the smell
How To Eliminate A Cockroach Infestation In Your Bradenton Home
Since cockroaches are considered dangerous pests, it’s never advised to attempt to exterminate an infestation on your own. Not only are store-bought pesticides rarely as effective as they’re advertised, they also contain known carcinogens that could be harmful to you and your loved ones. For guaranteed cockroach elimination, call the pros at Rodent Solutions.
Our specialty may be rodents, but we’re still more than capable of handling insect infestations. We don’t just have pest control training and certification. We’ve also studied building construction, and have hands-on construction experience, which means we know how to protect your home against pests without violating building codes or damaging your home in the process. With our Integrated Pest Management practices and 100% satisfaction guarantee, the only thing keeping you from a pest-free home is a phone call, so get in touch with us today at (941)220-6982 to start discussing your cockroach control options.