If you live in Sarasota, you know that mice can be a significant problem and mice control is an essential service. These pesky rodents can cause a lot of damage and spread disease. Their scratching in the attic can also make it difficult to rest easy at night. It is essential to control their population and keep them out of your home or business. Below, we’ll review some effective mice control methods for your Sarasota property.
Prevent & Control Mice from Gaining Entry
The best way to control mice is to prevent them from getting inside in the first place by performing a mouse exclusion on your property.
- Seal up openings and cracks: Mice can squeeze through very tiny openings, so it’s important to be thorough when sealing up your property. Pay particular attention to mice entry areas around utility pipes, soffit openings, exhaust vents, plumbing vents, windows, and doors. It is important to use mice-proof materials. Professional mice exterminators do not recommend products such as spray foam and steel wool. Steel wool is not stainless steel and rusts away in Sarasota’s salty, humid environment. Mice and other rodents can easily chew their way through spray foam.
Use Mice Traps to Catch Any Remaining Inside
If you already have a mouse infestation, traps are a common method for eliminating the problem after the exterior of the building is sealed. There are several types of traps to choose from, including:
- Mouse Snap traps: Several different models are available depending on your preference. This is how most professionals, such as Rodent Solutions catch mice inside attics, crawl spaces, and inside the dwelling area. We use a custom bait designed to entice mice.
- Glue traps: These involve the mouse becoming stuck to a sticky surface. They are a less humane option than snap traps, as the mouse may suffer before dying. We do not recommend this and avoid it at all costs.
- Electronic traps: These use a high voltage shock to kill the mouse and often have a disposal system to eliminate the need for you to handle the dead mouse. They can be more expensive than other types of traps, but they are convenient and can be reused. We do not recommend these traps either as they are not durable and they often “miss” catching shy mice if they do not fully commit to investigating the trap.
Responsibly Use Mouse Poison Outside
- Poison bait stations are another option for mice control if mice are getting into your car, pool heater, or chewing through your pool cage screen. Mice will eat the poison bait while investigating the exterior of your home or business and typically die within 5-7 days after consuming it. It’s important to use caution with mouse poison. Poison bait must be placed into specially made bait stations which prevent children, pets, and none target wildlife from accessing it. If you decide to use poison bait, follow the instructions on the packaging carefully and keep it out of reach of children and pets. Calling a professional rodent exterminator is your best bet for safe and effective mice control
Is Rodent Control at Your Sarasota Home Too Much for You ?
- If you’re not comfortable handling a mouse infestation on your own, or if you’ve tried other methods and the problem persists, you may consider hiring a professional mouse control company near you. Contact the Original Rodent Specialists at Rodent Solutions Inc for a fast, friendly solution for your mouse control. We have the expertise and the resources on hand to eliminate mice and prevent future infestations effectively. We will use a combination of methods to get rid of the mice and make sure they don’t come back, GUARANTEED!
In conclusion, controlling mice is an essential pest control service in Sarasota for your home or business. It’s best addressed with a proactive approach by having a rodent exclusion performed before you get a mouse problem. No matter the situation, Rodent Solutions Inc can help. Contact us today and we’ll show you why we were awarded Nextdoor’s Favorite Pest Control Company in 2021 and 2022.
Pest/Wildlife Control 15 Years
Construction for 13 Years
Pest Control License JB299099
Wildlife License LW203605
Pest Management University: Founders and Masters
AAS Degree in Drafting Design with a Concentration in Building Construction
NWCOA Member (National Wildlife Control Operators Association)
NWCOA Rodent Standard Certified
NWCOA Bat Standard Certified
NCWOA Certified Urban Bird Management Operator
NWCOA Zoonotic Disease Standard Certified
Member of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA)
Bird Barrier Certified Installer
Bird-B-Gone Authorized Installer
OSHA 10 Training Completed for the Construction Industry
Aerial Lift Certified
Fall Protection Certified