Flies Pest Control
BOOK PEST CONTROL NOW!
Where exactly flies prefer to live depends on the species.
- Fruit fly: This fly species is most common during the late summer and fall when there is plenty of decaying fruits and vegetables to consume. They often find a way into our homes after we buy produce from the store already infested with fruit fly eggs or larvae.
- Drain fly: As the name describes, these flies lay their eggs in the moist, decaying debris found in sinks, tubs, and floor drains. They also become a problem behind walls near leaking water pipes.
- Bottle fly: These flies are problematic in Florida as our hot weather allows them to thrive. They mainly live outside, and some of their favorite breeding sites include pet excrement and carrion. They often become problematic in a home where a mouse or other animal died behind its walls.
- Soldier fly: These flies usually gather around animal waste and are most problematic on properties located near livestock.
- Phorid fly: These flies live near and become a problem wherever there is a lot of moisture. Overwatered house plants, wet mops, leaky pipes, and decaying animal and plant matter allow phorid fly populations to thrive.