Rat Entry Point Inspection in Lakewood Ranch, FL
We received a familiar call from a customer in Lakewood Ranch looking for a rodent inspection as soon as we could get to her home. The complaint was, “We hear noises and scratching in the attic when it’s quiet at night over our main entryway and bedroom. We have seen a rat run across our pool cage recently. We have a nice house, and we are clean people. We don’t know why they (rats) decided to infest our house”. We let them know that Lakewood Ranch has been seeing a surge in rodent complaints, We explained that the building code doesn’t require many areas on homes to be built rodent-proof. These areas are normally the cause of most rodent issues. Rodent infestations rarely have anything to do with the homeowners themselves. The pictures shown below are very common rat entry points. We explained that of all the areas we cover (Bradenton, Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch, & Parrish), Lakewood Ranch neighborhoods are our busiest areas for rodents (rats, mice, and squirrels.)
The Steps Needed To Get Rats Removed at this Lakewood Ranch House
- The worried couple started off with the most important step, they called the best pest control company near them, Rodent Solutions.
- They scheduled a same-day rodent inspection for our rodent specialists to assess what critter is in the attic scratching and making noise. In this case, roof rats infested the attic.
- Once we determined we were dealing with roof rats, we identified the rodent entry points into the home and presented them with a full-home rat exclusion proposal with a guarantee against re-entry.
- Our rodent control experts performed a rat exclusion and set rat traps in the attic to catch any remaining rats. We also used a squirrel deterrent on the fascia boards to help prevent squirrels from chewing on the customer’s rough-cut cedar.
- We performed a short rat trapping program and pulled the rat traps out of the attic once completed.
- The rat infestation in the home was very minor, and the attic did not need any decontamination services to be performed, so the customer was now able to rest easy with their rat-free guarantee.
Another Home Successfully Rodent-Proofed
There you have it! This home was the basic rodent exclusion that we commonly see. We sealed other areas as preventative measures against rodent entry; however, these areas were the active rat entry points. If you’re interested in rat control services or a preventative rodent exclusion, contact us today for a fast inspection from the 2021 & 2022 Winner of Nextdoor’s Favorite Pest Control Company in Lakewood Ranch, Rodent Solutions.
Pest/Wildlife Control 15 Years
Construction for 13 Years
Pest Control License JB299099
Wildlife License LW203605
Pest Management University: Founders and Masters
AAS Degree in Drafting Design with a Concentration in Building Construction
NWCOA Member (National Wildlife Control Operators Association)
NWCOA Rodent Standard Certified
NWCOA Bat Standard Certified
NCWOA Certified Urban Bird Management Operator
NWCOA Zoonotic Disease Standard Certified
Member of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA)
Bird Barrier Certified Installer
Bird-B-Gone Authorized Installer
OSHA 10 Training Completed for the Construction Industry
Aerial Lift Certified
Fall Protection Certified